As I’m getting close to my 30’s I started to notice fine lines on my face. Around my eyes in particular. Now, I don’t mind the lines. I know everybody has them and with time I’ll be having them more and more, just as everybody else. I am absolutely OK with that. But somehow I see them as a constant reminder to have some sort of skincare regime. So, today I’m sharing with you my “rules” on how to set up skincare regime and where to start.
Now, I still am an absolute beginner in skincare. I try to learn what is good for me and what works for my skin. This may not work for you. It is about exploring and informing yourself. It is also a big step in self-care to make a decision to take care of your body, in any way. I know that I have a lot to learn yet and as I change and grow I will probably implement new rules, change and modify these ones. But I hope these little rules will inspire you to start your own skincare regime.
The rules I gave myself:
- NEVER EVER go to bed without removing your make up!
- You need separate product to remove your eye make up and rest-of-the-face make up. (Shout out to those who have extremely sensitive eyes!)
- Make up wipes only on occasion where you have no other choice!
- If you have to rub product hard, you’re doing something wrong.
- Do not eat food that is bad for your skin (or at least minimize it)! I needed to give up delicious McDonald’s super shake, because the amount of acne on my face the day after I consumed it was ridiculous. Notice what bothers your skin. Pay attention to how your skin behaves after certain meals.
- Put an under eye cream and moisturizer every morning. (EVERY MORNING!)
- Have a lip balm on hand all the time.
- If it’s cold outside use gloves and put hand cream when you enter your house (office, apartment, hotel, whatever)!
- SPF for sunny and not-so-sunny days! If you are outside-SPF!
- Never (NEVER!!!!!!) spend ten hours in the sun trying to catch fast tan! (Your “tan” will fade in two days but memories and regrets will burn forever!)
Until next time,